Is Your Clutch Acting Up?
If you think you are having issues with your clutch, it’s best to bring it to Transmission Hero . One of our technicians will run a Free Diagnostic Test and help you pinpoint the problem.
How a Clutch Works
It’s a common misconception that the clutch simply puts the car in neutral gear. Instead, it disengages the transmission from the drive train.The engine of your vehicle is designed to be constantly spinning while on. If it wasn’t spinning, it couldn’t continue to run and would shut down. Your transmission transfers that motion to the drive shaft and, in turn, to the wheels. But you don’t always want your wheels or your transmission to be spinning. The most important job of the clutch is to disengage the transmission from the motor so you can shift gears without grinding.
Clutch Service & Clutch Replacement
The clutch does wear out over time, but the repair is a relatively simple maintenance job compared to the more expensive repair of the transmission. Sometimes a clutch disc wears out to a point where it needs to be replaced completely. Other common problems include stretched cable controls, a leak in the hydraulics and occasionally air bubbles formed in the hydraulic line.
When we at transmission Hero change a clutch we change out everything below at the same time.
- Clutch disc: Always buy in kit
- Thrust bearing: Always buy in kit
- Pressure plate: Always by in kit
- Slave cylinder: if its an internal slave don't waste a customers money do it then
- Fluids in transmission: Always change fluid and inspect before you pull clutch out to make sure there is no metal in transmission
- Resurface Flywheel: We resurface the flywheel in house for smooth matting surface
- Slave & Master Cylinder Brake Fluid: We always add new fluids
In the transmission repair industry, where you choose to get your car fixed can make a big difference in the service, quality, and price you receive; and choosing the wrong company can lead to a costly drawn-out project that only fixes the problem in the short term.
Call Transmission Hero today to schedule a free performance check, and we’ll walk you through every step of the process!
Click to see specials