Free Diagnostic Check / Vehicle Inspection in Orange Park, FL
At TRANSMISSION HERO we diagnose your vehicle's complete powertrain and engine with our 72-point vehicle inspection. Free road test, computer scan, and complete lift inspection with a written quote before we charge you one cent, before any work is authorized.
Free Diagnostic / Vehicle Inspection Check
At TRANSMISSION HERO, we offer our customers a Free Performance Check to help diagnose any problems with your vehicle’s transmission. Our comprehensive Performance Check consists of a computer scan to read any codes the car might have with your computer or electronics. Plus, we check the fluid, do a road test, pan examination, and lift inspection/diagnosis. This provides a complete diagnosis of your car’s transmission performance and general operation.
What Does a Performance Check Include?
Computer Scan at TRANSMISSION HERO
When the Check Engine light on their car's dashboard comes on, car owners may feel a number of emotions, including annoyance, frustration, and dread. They may worry about whether their car is due for an emissions inspection in the near future. These negative feelings can be alleviated with a car diagnostic tool that enables communication with the car's powertrain control module, which can serve to locate the source of the problem. The diagnostic tool or scanner is plugged in under the dashboard. It returns problem codes that can be interpreted using the accompanying software or manual. When properly interpreted, the code pinpoints the source of the issue, saving owners the cost of taking the vehicle to the shop for a diagnostic. Sometimes, the Check Engine light results from a small problem such as a faulty sensor or a loose gas cap. Other times, there may be a more serious issue in which case owners will have the information needed. Either way, a car diagnostic tool can save time and provide car owners with peace of mind.
Fluid Check at TRANSMISSION HERO
The fluid check is an important component of our all-encompassing Performance Check. Generally, it serves as the first indicator of possible transmission wear or damage. A transmission in good condition will have a clear red tinted fluid. If there is an unpleasant odor or discoloration in combination with other symptoms, your transmission may require an internal inspection. During our inspection of your fluid, we will determine if any of these symptoms appear.
Road Test at TRANSMISSION HERO
The road test is made up of 2 parts: a stationary test and a driving test. During these two tests, your transmission is checked for slipping, noises, harsh/soft or erratic shifting, as well as late or early shift patterns.
Pan Examination at TRANSMISSION HERO
The pan examination is another crucial part of the Performance Check that serves as a great indicator of potential problems. This test is effective because it allows for a partial look inside the transmission. All pans have some metal particles; however, excessive amounts of metal indicate internal wear and damage to the transmission.
Lift Inspection at TRANSMISSION HERO
This step will help determine what type of adjustment, repair, or replacement is needed. During a lift inspection, one of our technicians will check for the following:
- Neutral Switch
- Engine Oil
- Transmission Fluid
- Throttle Linkage
- Manual Linkage
- Modulator Vacuum
- Transmission Mounts and Engine Mounts
- Cv Axles
- Drive Shafts
- Fluid Retention (Leaks)
- All Electronic Computers scanned for all codes in complete system
5 Recommendations After a Performance Check:
1. No transmission problem. The Performance Check indicated at this time no repair or adjustment is needed.
2. Preventive Maintenance Service. This service helps to prevent transmission trouble before it starts. Our technicians will replace your vehicle's transmission fluid and filter if applicable.
3. External Adjustment/Repair. This service includes any repairs to the exterior of the transmission that does not involve the removal of the transmission.
4. Reseal Service. This requires the removal of the transmission to replace all leaking external seals in your vehicle's transmission. We perform this service after inspection of the transmission. It is designed to repair leaking transmissions, which have no other internal problems.
5. Internal Inspection Services. Our technicians will completely and thoroughly evaluate all internal components of your vehicle's transmission. We perform this service if the Performance Check indicates you have an internal transmission problem. We remove the transmission, disassemble and check all internal parts of the transmission for wear or damage. Upon your approval, our technicians will replace only those necessary parts with parts meeting OEM specifications or above OEM specifications to give your transmission the ability to obtain optimal performance. Finally, after the work is completed, the transmission is reinstalled into the vehicle, and you can be on your way!
If you want to know why your check engine light illuminates, visit TRANSMISSION HERO, where our team of certified technicians will use a scan tool that is going to be connected to the onboard computer system of your vehicle. This very same onboard computer system will communicate with the scan tool through the use of special codes and this will help our technician in tracking down the problem.
In the majority of cases, our technician must go through a very complicated diagnosis flow chart procedure, so that they can track down the problem and determine why it happened in the first place, all at the same time. They have to do that in order to repair your check engine light properly and prevent any serious problems in the future.
Schedule an appointment with our certified technicians at TRANSMISSION HERO, whenever your vehicle's check engine light is illuminating. Our auto repair shop has the necessary experience and computer diagnostics tool to diagnose and repair check engine lights on almost every vehicle make and model on the road today!
Click to see specials