The weather in Clay County can be unpredictable, bringing showers and winds at any moment. With Florida’s rainy season coming close to an end, it is important to check on your wiper blades. Are they working effectively at clearing your windscreen? If not, it may be time for a replacement.
Signs It’s Time To Replace Your Wiper Blades
Industry professionals recommend replacing your windshield wiper blades every 6-12 months. Below are some other symptoms that indicate your windshield wiper blades are no longer effective:
- Whenever your wiper blades leave streaks on your windshield, it is time to change them. Streaking is a symptom caused by dry, hard, or damaged rubber on the wiper blade itself. If you neglect to change them, it will make do more harm than good by causing blurry views.
- Another symptom of bad wiper blades is skipping. The skipping occurs from the curvature or distortion within the wiper blade. As a result, it won't cover and clear the entire area of the windshield.
- Splitting can occur with the rubber squeegee piece that separates the frame of the wiper blade. When the rubber has split, you know it is time to change the blades. The sun’s UV rays can cause the rubber to deteriorate quicker.
- Squeaking or chattering noises should not occur when your wiper blades are in good condition. When your wipers make excess noise, it usually means that they are not making proper contact with the windshield.
Driving with bad windshield wiper blades can make your driving even more dangerous and put you and your loved ones at a higher risk of an accident. To be on the safe side, please change your wiper blades on time. Fortunately, wiper blades are one of the easiest and cheapest parts to replace and require little to no maintenance. Here are some tips to try to preserve your wiper blade’s longevity:
- Clean your windshield regularly to get rid of excess dirt or debris that could be on your windshield.
- Wipe down the wiper blades to remove lingering dirt and other build-ups.
- Park away from the sun and in the shade as often as you can.
If you need new wipers or any other maintenance for your vehicle, please give Transmission Hero a call or visit today.